Gem City Shine: details to know
Gem City Shine will honor the lives lost and reclaim the community's favorite places to shop, dine, and enjoy time with family and friends.
1. There will be several ways for attendees to contribute to both The Dayton Foundation's Oregon District Tragedy Fund and the Oregon District Business Association.
2. The main stage located near Fifth Street and Wayne Avenue, with performances throughout the late afternoon and evening.
3. Food vendors and beer trucks will be on site.
4. Event is family friendly! The food pavilion and family entertainment area will be in the parking lot adjacent to Omega Music on the east side of the District.
5. Beer trucks, soda/water stations, T-shirt stations, and donation stations will be located at several places throughout the District.
6. This is a weapon-free event; security stations with metal detectors will be set up at each gate. Attendees should plan for extra time to check in.
7. Please do not bring large purses, backpacks, or other large bags.
8. Free parking is available at the University of Dayton Arena lots A, B, and C, with complimentary shuttles provided by the Greater Dayton RTA.
9. No professional cameras allowed except for credentialed media.
10. RIDE SHARING: There will be designated ridesharing pick up/drop off zones outside both the North & South Wayne Avenue entrances.
11.Designated entrances for event:
Wayne & 4th
Wayne & Van Buren
5th & Patterson
Dave Chappelle encourages attendees to "live in the moment" and enjoy the experience rather than record via cellphone.